Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lincoln Open House tonight and an arts program in the Aud (officially, it's the "Andrus Theater" as re-dedicated a couple of years ago).

And it looks like the Ethel Percy Andrus Theatre, formerly the auditorium, will get some general public performance time logged in tonight and tomorrow night. The event that almost passed us by, but for the just-received email from Mike Ibarra of the LHS Alumni Association has passed along the following information:

Andrus Performing Arts Program Proudly presents. . .
"ONCE ON THIS ISLAND" - HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN'S,
The Little Mermaid .... Timeless tale of true love's battle against
difference of social status, skin color, and even death!

Performed by
The LHS Choir, Drama students and Musicians

$2 General Admission, $1
Students

DATES:
THURSDAY, APRIL 29TH, 7:30 pm
FRIDAY, APRIL
30TH, 7:00 pm


LETS SUPPORT THE PERFORMING ARTS PROGRAM & THE
STUDENTS OF LHS!


Thanks, Mike.

An OPEN HOUSE TONIGHT at LHS

Lincoln High will be holding an Open House today, Thursday, April 29th, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

It's on the school Calendar without any further elaboration or fanfare. (Clicking the links just gets a re-arrangement of the same few words- I thought that there woudl be an expansion of the basic notice, but so far I haven't seen that concept applied with about all of the LHS calendar items; "What you see is all you get," it seems. )

(I only post the things that I find or those things that are passed along to me . You can see that precious little comes my way that's originating from the alma mater. A little better promotion might help them out to reach persons who DO want participate but don't get any advance word- and I am not saying I am any great terminal for people to pass through to find out things, only that If I get some announcement, then somebody is doing a pretty good job of outreach to hit even my obscure destination.)

Communication. There's an irony here.