Friday, April 17, 2009

Music: Memory jogger from this date in 1962

Just to get into things from another time, here's a list from today's L.A. Radio.com edition that caught my attention and I show it here for you to think about. If you remember these when they were new, you go way back. I think about Nightingale Jr. High when looking at these tunes and now it seems so incredibly long ago, but the songs still are vividy remembered. I think we even bought some of those 45's, too.

Top Five Flashback from April 17, 1962: Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley, Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares, Mashed Potato Time by Dee Dee Sharp, Slow Twistin’ by Chubby Checker & Dee Dee Sharp, Young World by Rick Nelson.


Just 9 years later on this day in 1971, the song "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night topped the charts and stayed there for 6 weeks. At least I wasn't still at Nightingale at that time.